Saturday 7 January 2012

A table of topics.

Of course, the more you think about it, the larger a topic theivery is. I would argue that Thief is in fact the world's oldest profession, and not the more traditionally quoted one. So that gives us quite a scope for investigation here.

Broadly speaking though, most of my posts will be dividable up into the following broad topics:

"Steal from the Greats." - talk around some of the Mythical Thieves that cultures have celebrated down the centuries.

"Steal from the Best." - Or possibly "a life of crime", I haven't quite decided which is the best title. This topic will cover some of the activities of Real Life criminals, and some of the truly amazing exploits that real people got up to.

"Heists." - I may well even entertain a sub-category of the above two: with stories about groups, or gangs of criminals, both fictional and real, and the complicated and wonderful crimes they can get up to.

"Rogue's Den." - Yes, I will of course be dipping into some "Gamey" stuff. this will not be exclusively Dungeons & Dragons focused, of course. There are some computer games that very definitely bear exploration.

"TDS reviews." - as a sub-category of the above, I am currently playing through the final installment in the classic Thief computer game series. No, I had never played it before (something of a purist for the originals), and I figured I'd better finally complete the old series, before EIDOS brought out their re-boot. I'll be reviewing the old game as I play it through, level by level.

"Flights of Felony." - every now and then, I might even be tempted to post up some of my own fiction, if it happens to contain a thief as a character, or deal with themes of that nature. As it often does.

"Lifted From Life." - This will be a small, experimental section, that will deal with events, or notes on real techniques, that someone I know may even have engaged in.

And then of course there will be some general musings on my behalf. Notes that I may make on cultural oddities, news items, and interesting titbits of history that I come across. I hope you feel like hanging around, and getting involved in the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment